VPS (Virtual Private Server) is a service where the user is provided with a virtual server for rent to host their software. VDS or VPS recreates the operation of a real physical server – for this, an operating system and software are installed on the server for the allocated memory area. It is possible to adjust the amount of space on SSD drives and allocated RAM. Depending on capacity, one physical server can run from one to hundreds of independent virtual servers.
VPS or Shared Hosting?
VPS and Shared (virtual) hosting serve different purposes since they give the user different computing power.
Shared hosting is intended for hosting websites, online stores, portals – everything that runs on a web server. The server itself is administered by the provider, the client manages only his web project.
If you need a “comfortable home” for your site, then choose the shared hosting service. It is cheaper than VPS and saves you from administering the server itself.
VPS is used to solve more ambitious tasks than hosting a website or online store. There are no restrictions on the number of sites, domain zones, software, except for the technical specifications of the virtual server, which you yourself choose when ordering the service.
A virtual server will suit you if you host heterogeneous software or large web projects on one server. If your site (or several sites) performs many different functions, such as exchanging information and data, documents, media files, registering a large number of users, conducting a large online trade (more than 5000 products), then give preference to virtual private server Cyprus when choosing a hosting. Shared hosting sites can use the same IP address and “take each other’s” server resources, which in the case of a large web project interferes with its normal operation.
What are VPS Advantages?
- Cost. With VPS technology, you don’t have to rent an entire physical server. VDS services are several times cheaper.
- Isolation from “neighbors”. VPS function independently from other virtual servers, which are located on a physical server.
- Reliability. It is provided with personal hardware resources. Each VPS is allocated certain amounts of RAM and other capacities.
- Root access. VPS owners have the right to perform all operations. They can install the required software and make other settings.
- You have your own IP address.